Commonwealth Home Support Program extension
It was with some interest last week that we learnt of the extension of the Commonwealth Home Support Program or CHSP to 2020 with the Federal Budget announcements. It appears also from the announcement that the nature of the integrated program is more in question, through a new review processes being announced. Many community service providers in the CHSP space are facing challenging administrative issues to manage funding for CHSP and some of these providers are also moving into the NDIS rollout and new administrative processes that go with the NDIS. Hence for many community services agencies in these environments, managing data and finances is becoming increasingly difficult.
Community Data Solutions has noted that many agencies had been waiting for the swift roll out of Home Care Packages, given the extension of CHSP and further review processes being considered, then firming up solid administration, reporting and financial systems for the next 3 years of CHSP has becomes the immediate challenge.
Some of the main issues with CHSP data management include:
- Reporting to DSS Data Exchange
- Managing co-contributions of clients within the program
- Also in some cases reporting Minimum Data Set information to State Governments
- Having systems that can manage client invoices and prepare to import to financial systems such as MYOB and Xero
- Creating a portable data environment to collect service information on the road or off site
- Manage workforce scheduling and timesheets
Community Data Solutions has a package of modules that can manage CHSP reporting for both State and Commonwealth (DSS DEX) and allows for all the core functions of CHSP. This package can work in conjunction with our NDIS package as well as any other of our 60 modules to manage other NGO service delivery. Our organisation also has a rostering and timesheet partner, Deputy, to assist with staff management of these services.